Monday 18 February 2013

So, this is how it all started!

I called it 'blessing in disguise' when I was forced to retire earlier from my job a few years back. I never knew I have the passion for baking and cake decorating. When I resigned from work it was just about my older daughter 5th birthday coming in. Getting excited to prepare the party at school. She had Hello Kitty and Barbie cakes before, which were ordered from the same cake shop....having remember that I felt like...yaiks! 

Somehow I had the idea to have a tower of cupcakes for the Birthday Cake. The question was....where could I buy this? At that time I have no idea that there were Online Cake Shop who turned out that they sell aaaany kind of cakes, you name it. Coincidently then I saw this cute cupcakes in tier at Eaton bakery in Citos, but the price was not too cute...hahahaa. 

So, I decided to bake it myself. I thought...how hard could it be? it just a small cake in a small cup. Hunting for cupcakes book was the first task, I found a good book of ibu Ani Lizzarni. The tips and tricks are very details..it put more confident for me to bake. The second task was to buy an oven. I contacted a good friend of mine whose her husband works at Sharp factory. The next day an electric oven was delivered to my house. My first cupcakes of course...successfully overcooked hahahaa! The second one is better. I was sooo happyyy....and my lil Nadine love it too.

At the D day at school, my best friend Vina gave compliment to my cupcakes, she asked me where did I learn to bake? I said...from book! Then she introduce me to a baking society called NCC (Natural Cooking Club). This is where the real 'me' was born! Not only learning for the skill...but also the knowledge, the spirit, the soul for baking! I fell in love in baking eversince.

My Nadine luv purple...so this is how my first cupcakes lookslike...:D




No comments:

Post a Comment